I am posting a followup to yesterday’s post – WordPress, Godaddy, and Permalinks in which I spoke of what you need to enable permalinks on Godaddy hosting.
From that post I got an email asking about how to setup the wp-config.php file with the correct MySQL info.
Here are my notes about how to get it setup –
- Login into your hosting account
- Setup a MySQL database giving it the username and password it requests – Note your Username and password
- Once it is created click on the “User Name” that you just created
- Under Database Name is the ‘Host Name” – Note the Host Name
- Enter the appropriate info in your wp-config.php file
- DB_NAME = your Username (DB name and Username are the same)
- DB_USER = your Username
- DB_PASSWORD = your Password
- DB_HOST = the Host Name
That’s it. Save the wp-config.php file, upload it and open your site.