FeedWordPress – One Step Closer to Fixing My Problem

So I posted the issue that I am having about the automatic update not pulling in the meta data for each post over on the official FeedWordPress site. I haven’t received a reply yet but in all fairness it is a free plugin so I would not necessarily expect to get an answer.

With that I setup another site really quick with a fresh install of WordPress 2.8 and the 2009.0613 version of FeedWordPress. I then setup my Twitter RSS feed to populate it and low and behold the automatic update pulled in all of the necessary meta data and linked back to the original source. This means that there must be something screwy with my install of the plugin but I am not quite sure what it is.

My options at this point are:

  1. Uninstall the plugin and hopefully it will delete itself completely from my WordPress db and then reinstall it.
  2. Kill the whole WordPress DB , delete the plugin, reinstall WordPress and the Plugin, re-import all my posts, and reconfigure FeedWordPress.

I am really hoping that option 1 will work. I guess I will find out in the next day or so. I will update when I find out what it took to fix it.